Friday, July 17, 2009

Eli & limes

It's dinner time.

"Eli."

"EEEEli."

"E? Elijah! Can you hear me?" [He was obviously engrossed in some activity because my kids would never hear me and not come...no, never. :)]

"Ma'am?"

"Could you make some limeade for me?"

"Sure."

Limeade in progress, good. As is customary with my 7 year old chef, lime and/or lemon halves are stacked in neat order. As I'm stirring the sauce for our spaghetti squash, Eli comes over to discuss limes.

"Mom, if we were a big family, I'd juice like 12 or 24 limes and I could make a castle out of them."

"If?" I say, thinking perhaps he doesn't realize we are a big family.

"Yeah."

"Honey, look around, we are a big family."

"Well, I know, but I mean, a real big family...you know, like a BIG family."

Wonder how many kids Eli will have?

 

 

No comments: