Friday, April 24, 2009

A little about birth....

Birth anxiety. If you've ever had more than one child, you know what I'm talking about. I got it for the first time before Thatch was born, my fifth. It's the "is there any way I can get out of this pain" feeling. So here I was again about to do this for the seventh time and yep...I was feeling it. It comes and goes...scared, not scared. Anyway, though I don't deserve it, God is so good to me. My birth with Harmony was my best yet. They've all been reasonably short, but hers took the cake. I woke up at 5:30 am on March 26th, went to the bathroom and laid back down. Three hard ones in a row...ouch. Got up, 6:00 am, hmm, those must have been about 10 minutes apart. Another, whoa, that was a big one...they're coming faster now. 6:11am, woke up John, "Honey, we're having a baby today, can you make me some tea?" Groggy yes. 6:47am...Harmony joins us. Did you catch that??!!! Sweet gravy, fast, eh?? Praise God, he is so good. And here she is.

No comments: